"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Decorations and Memories

I usually wait until Thanksgiving weekend to decorate for Christmas, but after going to the mountains and seeing all the Christmas lights, I came home ready to fill the house with the sights and sounds of Christmas. I have all my decorations out and in the process of being placed where they go. I love getting out ornaments and remembering where they came from and when I got them. I have old decorations from my childhood that cause me to think back to when they hung on the tree at my parent's home. As I decorate one of our trees with the older ornaments, I think about all the years my daddy and I would decorate a tree together. I have a ceramic tree that my 90+ year old aunt gave me that she originally purchased while shopping with my grandmother. It makes me think back to when my grandmother was still living and we would go to her home for Christmas. Decorating for Christmas is more than just getting things out and plugging in lights. It is a real stroll down memory lane that makes those that are still with me seem closer and those that have passed away feel near. I love nothing more than plugging all the lights in, lighting the logs in the fireplace, and making a pot of coffee. I spend time listening to Christmas music and thinking about how blessed I am to have the Lord in my heart and memories of the Godly people from my life that have gone on to be with Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment