"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Saving "Sense" (¢ents)

I shop at Bi-lo with coupons because they double the coupons that are valued up to 60¢.  That means that a 60¢ coupon is worth $1.20.  Bi-Lo is good about having BOGOF (Buy One Get One Free) deals.  If I watch the coupons and sales closely, I can get things for free or just pennies.  This is how I save the most.  The other way that we save money is by using the fuel perks that Bi-Lo offers.  For every $50.00 you spend you can save 5¢/gallon on gas up to 20 gallons.  If you let that accumulate over time, you can save a good bit off each gallon.  Since this credit is given based on your total before coupons, you can build it up quickly.
Last night, we needed a few things at the store so I went with my coupons.  I had seen online where they had McCormick Spices and Marinades on sale for BOGOF.  I knew that I had 50¢ coupons which were worth $1.00 when doubled.  They had also advertised that if you bought 4 of the McCormick products, you would earn an extra 10¢/gallon.  I had 6 of the coupons for the products.  Here is how I saved:

8 packets of McCormick Marinade Mix= $9.52 (Regular Price)
BOGOF= $4.76 (Sale Price)
Coupons= 50¢ each(doubled)=$1.00 x 6= $6.00
Final Price= -$1.24 (they paid me)

FUEL PERKS
I already had 25¢/gallon credit
I earned 20¢/gallon credit for purchasing the McCormick Marinade Mixes
Total:  45¢/gallon credit
I purchased 11.5 gallons of gas with credit
Saved: $5.18 

Total savings/earnings:  $6.42 + 8 McCormick seasonings FOR FREE

I hope that this makes sense.  This is just the savings on this one deal.  I got several other deals in my grocery order.  I try to not buy anything unless I have a coupon.  I save the most when there is a good sale and I have coupons.  
My philosophy is that my husband makes the money and I try to make the most of it!  I think it is a VERY biblical concept and I consider it my job since I am a homemaker.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She is like merchant ships;
She brings her food from afar.
She rises also while it is still night
And gives food to her household 
Proverbs 31:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment