"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Front Porch Ramblings


Holidays are not always the same for us as they are for other families.  My husband swings shifts on a 7 day rotation and has to work most holidays.  Today is no different.  I am spending time on my front porch with the temperatures lower, overcast skies, and a light drizzle of rain.  It is pleasant and peaceful.  As I sit here, I have several thoughts running through my head so I will share them:

*I recently starting leading a women's small group on Sunday evenings.  It becomes more and more obvious each week that God has brought this group together.  It is amazing to feel and know that we are together for a reason.  I love these ladies and am so blessed to have each of them in my life.

*As I start to prepare to lead a women's Bible study which starts next week, I am humbled.  The study is by James MacDonald and is entitled "Lord, Change My Attitude (Before it is too late)".  It has humbled me in so many ways.  The first week is about complaining.  As I have been studying, I have thought that I really needed this YEARS ago.  Maybe my complaining would have stopped by now had I heard these lessons before now.  ;)  If you struggle with negative attitudes, I would like to recommend this study.  

*I found a little devotional book from 1978 to put next to my chair where I usually sit to read, have my coffee, or have my quiet time.  I picked it up this morning and the very first devotional had something to do with dealing with people.  Funny, the Bible study is about complaining and this little book was about dealing with people.  I picked up my Journey devotional to read today's devotional and it was about something very similar.  I think God is trying to tell me something!

*I knew that I would be gone all day yesterday, so I planned ahead.  I got the house completely straightened and all of my chores finished Saturday evening before going to bed.  I packed a change of clothes, the things I needed for Sunday morning at church, the things I needed for my small group Sunday evening, and things my daughter would need for the day.  She and I were singing in the Worship Choir yesterday morning and the sound check was at 8:30am.  We live 15 minutes away from our church.  I decided to spend the afternoon with my mama while in town.  Last night, my daughter (14 years old) was asked by several college girls and older high school girls to go see "The Help".  I decided to let her go even though I was EXHAUSTED.  The wonderful influence that these girls are for my daughter far outweighed me being tired.  So she and I left here at 8am and got home a little after 10pm.  It was a good day!

I am so blessed to be sitting here in the quietness of my porch.  There are sounds but they consist of birds, wind, a drizzle of rain, and passing cars.  I am not laboring...that is for certain.  A great way to spend the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment