"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

No Regrets

For so many years, my husband has worked all but one weekend a month.  He lost his job in October and started a new job in November.  Having him home every single weekend is WONDERFUL.  When he was home only one Saturday a month we tried to cram all of our fun things, family events, and major chores into one day.  It was hard and stressful.  We would find our nerves on edge most of the day.  We would not sleep in or lay around and relax on those Saturday mornings, because we felt the clock ticking down toward the end of our only Saturday.  

This morning, we slept in and cuddled.  During the work week we have to be up at 5:30am and we are in the bed by 9:30pm.  I guess, sleeping in until 8:30am does feel like a late morning when you get 3 hours of extra sleep.  I went downstairs and brought back breakfast and coffee.  We propped up on our pillows and enjoyed breakfast and coffee while chatting about our week.  We talked about the week ahead and just enjoyed our time...not rushed and not stressed.

I mentioned in an earlier blog that I had a friend become a widow the week after Christmas.  She is in her mid 30's and her husband was 39.  I have been VERY convicted about my words and actions toward my husband since hearing that news.  I have been made painfully aware of the fact that we are not promised tomorrow and, truthfully, we are not promised the next minute.  I don't want to have regrets in any relationship, but especially in my marriage.  I don't want my husband spending his time at work with a knot in his throat because of me, my attitude, my words, or my actions.  I don't want him waking up with a sense of dread because of me.  I want him to look forward to being around me.  I am blessed to be married to a man who makes certain to appreciate me and to voice that appreciation.  In 20 years with him, I have learned a lot from him about how to treat others.  We talked this morning about how neither of us want regrets if something was to happen to either of us.  We want our marriage to be a joy and not a regret.

I am grateful to have today to spend time with my husband, but I am aware that I need to take time each and every day to bless him, encourage him, and love him.  No regrets....that is my new motto in my marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment