"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hello 2011 and Farewell 2010

Last year was "a year" to say the least.  As I sit here where I can see out the front windows of my home, I am thinking about how just a couple of weeks ago we were preparing for snow.  Today it is a sunshine filled day with warmer temperatures.  Funny, we never know what to expect here in the South.  It has been said that if you do not like the weather, wait a day and it will change.  I have often said that a day can change everything.  With this all in mind and as I reflect back on 2010, I am glad to know that through hurts, trials, and fear....GOD HAS BEEN GOOD!!!  I have learned a lot about myself, others, and God.  I have discovered so much about God that I never really knew.  I have been in church since I was conceived, yet 2010 taught me new truths about the Lord.  I am grateful, as I reflect back, that I went through the things that I went through last year.  I am thrilled that even in darkness, God handed me His light.  I am grateful that He taught me all that He did so that I can use those lessons in 2011 and beyond.  You never know what will happen in a given day that will change all that you know, but you can be assured that God is in control.  He knows every situation that you will face and everything that situation will cause you to feel.  He knows what He needs to teach you and He knows EXACTLY how to teach it to you.  He knows "how you are" and knows how to make you into what He wants you to be.  No, pain and suffering is not fun at the time, but it is sometimes needed to mold us into a vessel He can use.  Am I glad that 2010 is gone?  No, because I was taught as a child to not wish my life away.  I am glad to have a fresh start to a new year, month, week, and day each time I am faced with them.  I am glad to have the opportunity to use what I have learned to grow even closer to the Lord and minister to others.  There will be new hurts, trials, and suffering in 2011 but as I have so honestly and painfully learned....GOD IS IN CONTROL!

No comments:

Post a Comment