"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Resolutions

res·o·lu·tion  (rz-lshn)
n.
1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
2. A resolving to do something.
3. A course of action determined or decided on.
4. A formal statement of a decision or expression of opinion put before or adopted by an assembly such as the U.S. Congress.
"Firm determination"....that is the one that got me first and then "A course of action determined or decided on".  We all do it.  We decide half-heartily that we will lose weight, save money, be kinder, spend less, etc.  We do well until about the third week of the year.  We then see the gyms not being as busy and stores being busier.  It is amazing that we can start with such determination and then get sidetracked almost before we start.
This year I have several resolutions that I will not go into detail about but they can be summed up in one word...CONSISTENCY.  I just want to be consistent in all the things I resolve to do.  I don't want to get sidetracked or discouraged.  I want to look back at the end of the year and know that I may have stumbled here or there in one area or another but in the end I was determined and consistent.
con·sis·ten·cy  (kn-sstn-s)
n. pl. con·sis·ten·cies
1. Agreement or logical coherence among things or parts
2. Reliability or uniformity of successive results or events
3. Degree of density, firmness, or viscosity
"Reliability"....that one struck me.  Can I rely on myself to get through the hard times with my resolutions?  Can I rely on myself and my human nature to not give up when it gets hard or boring?  I need more than my own reliability.  I need to rely on the Lord to help me through those times when I want to quit. 
So, I am resolving to consistently depend on the Lord to help me to maintain my firm determination to make necessary changes and adjustments in my life.  I trust Him to help me through the times this year that I find hard or scary.  I will fully rely on Him.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
   don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
   he's the one who will keep you on track.
Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment