"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Getting a Grip

We have all said it:  "Get a Grip!"
Today, I am saying it to myself.  I need to get a serious grip.  A month ago (or so) we had an intruder come into our house and it really has thrown me for a loop.  I am having a hard time focusing on anything, my eating is out of hand (again) and my exercise is non-existent.  I am struggling.  In my struggle, I realize that I need to get a grip...a real tight grip.  I cannot wait another moment.
As I think about getting a grip I imagine a tug-of-war. Here is how that goes.  There is a force on one side and a force on the other side.  Each force gets a firm grip on their side of the rope.  They make certain that their hands are positioned just right, one behind the other.  The game starts and immediately both forces start to pull.  The center of the rope moves a little back and forth.  Eventually, someone has to change their grip and as soon as they do, the center of the rope goes the other way.  Then it happens, somebody loses their grip and they lose.  It is a defeat.  Sometimes the game is played so that the losing side goes into the mud pit in the center.  Here is where the real decision is:  Do I pick the rope back up and get a grip or do I stay in the mud?
I GET A GRIP!
So, I am writing out my plan today for the next week.  I am going to have the afternoon alone so I will spend it working on a real plan of action and my daily schedules.  One thing that I have certainly learned is that without a plan....I FAIL!
"Those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 41:31


No comments:

Post a Comment