"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sunrise...Sunset

I started walking early in the morning instead of waiting until later in the day.  With the feel of the crisp fall air, the sounds of the world waking up, and the sight of the sun coming up, it is the best time of day.  I have found that leaving the house between 7 and 7:30 in the morning is the best time to go.  I have been able to see the sun come up like a ball of fire yet feel a chill as I make my way through town.  It is a priceless view that God repeats day after day. 
Sunrise
Last night, our daughter took a picture out of her bedroom window of the sunset.  Since I have watched it rise the last few days, I was anxious to see the picture.  We talked about how it is hard to know, just seeing the pictures, if the sun is coming or going.  When people look just at a snip-it of my life, do they know which way I am headed?  Do they know if I am bringing light or taking it away.  Jesus is the light of the world.  It is my job to bring His light to the world.  When I am going about my day, I need to make certain that people see that light.  Just like the sun, Jesus is a source of light that can be counted on.  I have yet to doubt that the sun would rise as I go on my walk.  Jesus is dependable.

Sunset
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said,
"I am the light of the world.
Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness,
but will have the light of life."
~John 8:12~

No comments:

Post a Comment