"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Blessed By My Husband's Ability to Fix Anything

We recently went on vacation and before coming home our car started making a strange noise.  My husand is really awesome at staying calm when things like that happen.  I tend to get upset and stress over things like that.  He was as calm as possible. I need to learn from from him. He does not immediately get anxious.  His first reaction is to stay calm, access the situation and pray.  He spent about 20 minutes taking a belt off of the engine and listening to the engine.  He admited later that he had thought it was something seriously wrong with the transmission.  It ended up being something wrong with a pulley.  It had the potential to lock the motor down but he only told me that after we safely arrived home.  Once we were home he priced the part that he needed to repair the car.  The next day he spent several hours replacing the part and now my car is quieter than ever.  I asked him how much he thought the repair would have cost us if we had taken it somewhere and he said around $300-$350.  Our cost $14 + his time!!!  He is such a blessing in so many ways, but I truly am blessed by his ability to fix anything.  Where is he right this minute?  Showing our son how to put a water pump on our son's truck.  Yes, our son and I were on the side of the road yesterday with his truck smoking, smelling, and leaking.  I called my husband only for him to say, "Whatever it is, I can fix it!"  Praise the Lord!!!

"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."
Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment