"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Wait in Expectation

"In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."
Psalm 5:3

It is so difficult to not get my hopes up when it comes to my husband getting a new job.  He just interviewed on Monday so I am trying to maintain perspective and thinking that no news is good news. 

I read this verse this morning and was encouraged to "wait in expectation" instead of just hoping.  In the past, we have gone through a job loss and it was so easy to get discouraged.  He had interview after interview only to be told they hired someone else or that he was not qualified.  Rejection really hit him hard.  As his wife, I took it personal.  I listened to a sermon yesterday by our wonderful pastor.  He was talking about how we all beat ourselves up when we feel rejected or even fall to temptation.  The truth is, our true judge and our real worth does not come from the opinions of others or our thoughts about ourselves.  The Lord knows us and is the only one in a position to judge us.  He loves us no matter what.  He values us even when the world devalues us.  He does what is best for us even if that includes rejection by man.  As I tell the Lord the desires of my heart, I need to trust that His will is PERFECT and that no matter what the outcome, it is best for us.

My prayer today is that Glenn will be blessed in due season with a better job.  We are not looking for more income as much as we are looking for a better schedule.  We want to be as involved in church as we can, and his schedule does not allow him that privilege.  He swings shifts on a 7 day rotation.  All we really desire is a better schedule, with better management, and a better working environment.  The Lord knows this, because it has been my prayer and heart desire for 4 years.  He knows what is best so all I can do is just wait in expectation.

No comments:

Post a Comment