"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ready for Fall



I am so ready to put out the gourds, pumpkins, and mums.  In fact, I may go get some of the things that I want to put outside tomorrow and start on the inside fall decorations.  This is what I consider "The most wonderful time of the year".  I was born in October so it stands to reason that I would love it.  :)

Taking walks with a crispness in the air and seeing the leaves change colors are things that give me a sense or renewal.  I am not certain why.  I get an overwhelming sense to organize and clean this time of year.  I have spent the week cleaning...deep cleaning.  I have found things I forgot about, thrown away things that I no longer need, and gathered things to give away that I no longer have a use for.  It made me think about my habits.  Do I need to have this same overwhelming sense to clean when it comes to mindless habits?  I feel a need to list 5 habits that I no longer need and set out to work on cleaning them out of my life between now and the first of the year.  Here are five habits that I plan to break:

  1. I need to break the habit of answering my children before they are finished asking the question

  2. I need to break the habit of staying up too late in the evenings

  3. I need to break the habit of complaining more than I compliment

  4. I need to break the habit of texting while I am suppose to be having a conversation with somebody

  5. I need to break the habit of not always putting others first
I want to have good habits in my life and not habits that hinder others or me.  Fall may be a little more than a week away, but I am starting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment