"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Meeting, Aunt Margaret, and Make-up

I know that it is a very strange title for a blog post, but stick with me and you will get it.  There are three things that I do not do every day but I find myself doing all in the same day.

(1)  I am a volunteer coordinator for a triathlon and the committee is meeting for lunch today as a follow-up to the triathlon.  I am sure I am the only person that will not be coming straight from the business world.  I will be coming from my kitchen where I have started some bread in my bread machine.  I will be straight from my laundry room where I have a washer working for me.  I will be in my workout clothes because I will go for a walk when I get home.  I will not be leaving a corporate office but I am leaving from a very important job.  Will I leave the meeting and go back to a "high-powered" job?  No.  I will come home to a "high-calling" of motherhood and homemaking.  How will I do my job today?

(2)  My daddy's aunt has a doctor's appointment today.  She is a widow who buried her only child years ago.  When I asked her if she would like for me to go with her to the appointment, she cried.  She was thrilled that I was willing.  I do not spend enough time with her and I should be ashamed.  She is a smart woman that is so much fun to be around.  Am I spending the afternoon having coffee with a friend that is my same age?  No.  I am spending the afternoon with a woman who is over twice my age.  I will glean wisdom from her, she will not gossip, and she will encourage me.  This is something that is not always true of my other friends.  What will I learn from Aunt Margaret today?

(3)  My children have always known that if I am putting make-up on and it is not Sunday, there must be something important going on.  I have decided to wear make-up today since I am going to an important meeting and to the doctor with Aunt Margaret.  Do I wear make-up every day?  No.  I do wear a countenance each and every day.  The world sees my smile or my frown.  They see if I am showing them the joy of the Lord.  I may not have make-up on each day but I always have a chance to show the love of the Lord in my expression.  What will I show the world today?

No comments:

Post a Comment