"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hopeful

Today, my husband had an interview for a new job.  We are trying hard to not get our hopes up.  He is certainly excited about the prospect that he could work a regular first shift schedule all the time, not have to drive much farther than he already drives, and off every Sunday to attend church. 

When he left the automotive field, he had to take a job in maintenance for the experience. He was out of work for quite a while prior to taking that job. We honestly thought a year or 18 months where he went would be enough and he could move on. As of next week, it will have been 4 years of swinging shifts. In the last year it has really started to have an impact on him emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and physically. For a long time I would find jobs advertised and he would send his resume only to either never hear from them or to be turned away. That has caused him to feel so much rejection. Those of you who know him well are aware that he is VERY smart. He has a hard time believing that.

I have spent the last few months praying specifically for him to either find peace where he is or for God to move him. I have been very honest and even selfish in praying that he get moved to first shift of find another job that would be regular hours. Recently, he was passed over for a first shift job but was given a raise. I knew that even with the raise, he was still hurt by not being offered the job in a place he has faithfully worked for 4 years.

I stopped telling him about jobs I would find. I would just send his resume off. That way, if he never heard anything, he would not even know. It cut down on his feelings of rejection. A few weeks ago I came across a job opening that was everything we have prayed for: close to home, first shift, mon-fri, etc. The description is basically the same as his current job. I sent the resume off and literally forgot about it. We were at lunch Friday and he had a phone call from the company asking if he could interview.

I use to pray "God please give him this job." My prayer for him this time is "God, if this is where he is suppose to be, make it obvious and work it out. If it this is not where you want him, please help him to not take it as a rejection."

I am praying and I know he is praying.  We are not anxious but we are certainly hopefully.  We are fully trusting that God has a plan and a path for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment