"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cupcakes!

I am not a fan of cake mixes and canned frosting, but if doctored, I don't mind using them.  With coupons, the Pillsbury cake mix was 50¢ and the frosting was $1.  I like to have a dessert on hand most nights.  My daughter loves to help in the kitchen, so we doctored a mix and a frosting today for a special treat.  
I added a little cornstarch, powdered sugar, a pinch of salt, and butternut flavoring to the frosting and mixed it with the mixer.  I added a teaspoon of butternut flavoring to the cake mix.  The result is a more "homemade" flavor and texture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment