"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Enough

Most people do not like Mondays.  I actually like the start of a fresh week.  I really like Mondays now that my husband is working a regular shift (1st shift/Monday-Friday).  When he was at his other job, the only Mondays that I really liked were the ones when he worked off of 3rd shift.  I did not like the Mondays before he started 3rd and the other two Mondays of the month he was working.  With his previous job being a swing shift 7-day rotation, it left LITTLE time for family.  We had one Saturday a month that he was actually off of work so we tried to cram all our "fun" into that one day.  We longed for him to be on a regular schedule, but I did not realize what a difference it would make in our family life.
Today is the 4th Monday we have had with him on his new job.  It is the first week that he has to "turn hours" and he will not have a guarantee pay.  It is the "unknown" factor that has us sort of fearful.  On this Monday, I am clinging to the fact that God has not let us down yet.  He promises to meet our needs.  He has more than done that the last 6 weeks.  Three weeks out of work and three weeks with a guarantee pay that was less than his previous pay, and God has provided for EVERY need.  We have sort of dreaded the start of this week, but I am trying to look forward to what God is going to do.  He has proven that He is faithful...although He did not HAVE TO prove it.  He has proven that He is our provider...although he did not HAVE TO prove it.  I had to believe it and the last 6 weeks have taught me to believe it.  
When we first started this journey of my husband losing his job, my prayer was that we would have "enough".  I did not pray for him to make a ton of money.  I just wanted our needs to be met. As I think about "enough" it reminds me of how Jesus teaches us to pray.  

“This, then, is how you should pray:

Our Father in heaven, 
hallowed be your name, 
your kingdom come, 
your will be done, 
on earth as it is in heaven. 
Give us today our daily bread. 
And forgive us our debts, 
as we also have forgiven our debtors. 
And lead us not into temptation, 
but deliver us from the evil one.”
Matthew 6:9-13

No comments:

Post a Comment