"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

God Had a Plan

It has been nearly 3 weeks since my husband lost his job.  We had been praying for a long while that God would move him from where he was, but the way it all happened was not really what we had planned.  I know the Lord well enough to know better than to assume my plan is the best plan.  My husband had been swinging shifts for 5 years.  He would work 7 days on 3rd and have two days off, work 7 days on 1st and have one day off, and 7 days on 2nd and have three days off.  We only had one weekend as a family and that weekend was always cut short because he would need to rest for the upcoming 3rd shift week.  We really wanted to just have a normal schedule and for him to get proper rest.  Our other concern was that he was only able to go to church two Sundays a month.  We really wanted to find something where he could go to church every week.  Money had stopped being a motivator or desire.  
In July, we were convinced that a job we had checked into was the job God wanted him to have.  He had been recommended by someone that worked at the company.  On paper, the job should have been his.  Everything was working out just like we thought it should.  We would sit and "dream" of how life would be when he started the job.  We would talk about it as if it was a done deal.  We were convinced by everyone involved that it was.  Then came the day that Glenn called the recruiter to ask where things stood.  I saw Glenn's face as he found out that he was not getting hired.  I saw the defeat and rejection all over his face.  It was a sad day for us.  We had really gotten our hopes up.  We had a really hard time dealing with the questions in our hearts and the hurt that it did not workout.  We talked and said that we truly trusted God's timing and plan, but it was hard.
August came and I suddenly had a jaw/facial pain that was worse than any pain I had ever suffered.  I spent a lot of time in tears.  It was at this same time that I had agreed to start a women's small group at my church.  The pain was unlike anything I had ever experienced.  I eventually visited my dentist only to find out that it was nothing serious and a simple night guard that he would fit me far would fix the problem and alleviate the pain.  Once the guard was in place for a few nights, I had a complete recovery.
September came and I was gearing up to start leading a Bible study at our church.  I was planning and preparing, but really nervous about it.  We had the first meeting and it went well, but I was a nervous wreck.  That Saturday, my husband was working 2nd shift.  My daughter and I were in the back of the house in our kitchen cooking.  Our dog, who was in the den at the front of the house, started barking.  This is nothing unusual, so I sent my daughter to see what was wrong.  Almost as soon as she left the kitchen and got to the den, she started screaming.  As I left the kitchen, I realized a strange man was standing inside our front door.  My instincts kicked in and I ran from the back of our house and straight to him.  I was screaming for him to get out and eventually shoved him to our front porch.  The police came and arrested him later.  It was a scary scary night.
October came and we thought things had settled down.  Two weeks into the month, my husband left for work on 2nd shift and less than two hours came home.  He informed me that he would find out the next day if he still had a job.  The instant that he told me, I made a conscious decision to not go into my all familiar mode of anxiety.  I decided to take care of him, love him, encourage him, and help him through it.  We did not have any idea how we would handle things, but we knew God had a plan.  We decided to just trust Him.  As I sit and type this, realizing that he has been out of work three weeks as of tomorrow, I realize that every single need that we have had, has been met.  God has taken complete care of us.
Our prayer has been that God will shut every single door that is not where he wants him to work.  I asked God to encourage Glenn and to not allow him to suffer anymore rejection.  Fifteen minutes after my last blog post where I wondered "Why would we say no?", my husband walked into the room to tell me that he had gotten a call and was starting work Monday.  It was the job he first wanted and it is everything we had asked God to workout.  He was even going to ask the guy if he could come in early on Wednesdays so he could get home in time to go to the Men's Group on Wednesday evenings.  Before he could ask the guy told him he could get off an hour early every day.  God is so good!
I sit and type this knowing that God had a plan.  I have not once doubted that throughout these three weeks and I have been certain that whatever God was up to would be far better than anything we could workout on our on.

No comments:

Post a Comment