"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Early Morning With My Husband

For five years, my husband was swinging shifts that were seven day rotations.  He would work 7 days on 1st shift with one day off.  He would then work 7 days on 2nd with three days off.  And then he would work 7 days on 3rd with 2 days off.  Our entire family planned our whole life around his crazy schedule.  His sleep was off and our schedules were a mess.  
This is the start of his 3rd week at his new job and I realized yesterday just how different our life is with him on a regular schedule of Monday-Friday on 1st shift.  It has changed everything.  I just kissed him goodbye for the day about 30 minutes ago. We had spent about 20 minutes drinking coffee and talking before he left. A few weeks ago, I dreaded the thought of getting up at 5:30 each day, but now I go to bed looking forward to my early mornings with my husband.  It is precious time that I did not realize that I missed when we were living our lives centered around his previous crazy schedule.
I have loved getting up and preparing his breakfast, spending some time with him each morning, and spending the day looking forward to him coming home.  It has been wonderful.  I sense a calmness to our home that has been missing for quite a while.  
My prayer is that he will continue to settle into his new job and that God will use him there to bless others.

No comments:

Post a Comment