"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Monday, November 7, 2011

God Cares About Chicken Stock

We have been overwhelmed at how God has taken care of us and encouraged us in the 3+ weeks that my husband has been out of work.  We have not had one worry or concern.  Each time we paid a bill, the money has come back to us almost immediately.  From us using a couple Saturdays to have a table at a flea market to my husband working on a couple of vehicles for people.  I received a Wal-mart gift card for my birthday and my husband received a Piggly Wiggly gift card for working on the door that was not closing well.  Each time we have put gas in the car or truck, we have had the money returned to us.  It has just been absolutely amazing to watch.  A couple took us out to eat one Sunday after church.  Another friend took my husband and I to see Courageous.  A dear friend gave me a gift certificate for a facial that I used last week.  It was wonderful!
I have always used coupons and tried to feed our family as cheap as possible so that we could afford for me to stay at home all these years.  Yesterday, I dropped my husband and daughter off at church because they needed to be there for their small groups.  I had a little over an hour to waste until I needed to be there.  I grabbed my coupons and went to Bi-Lo.  I only had a few things that we either needed or were extremely cheap with my coupons.  I placed a couple of things in my cart, and went down the soup aisle.  I thought I had a coupon for the new Knorr Homestyle Stock.  I was planning to make potato soup Tuesday of this week and needed it for flavor.  I did not have a coupon and it seemed a little pricey so I just kept walking.  In less than 10 steps this lady coming toward me with a box and a display poster stopped and asked, "Are you Janie?"  I said, "No ma'am but I am Jamie".  She said "I have something to give you".  She reached into her box and pulled out not one but two samples of the Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock.  I just laughed.  I then told her why I found it to be funny.  We talked about how she remembered me from an article that had been in the paper a few years ago, had seen me at a former church, and sees me with my coupons in the store.  She was on her way to set up a display for samples for the chicken stock and honestly, I am not certain with where she was placing the sample display, why she would even come down that particular aisle.  Oh, I do know why....God cares about chicken stock!

No comments:

Post a Comment