"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Frugal Friday

I meant to take a picture of our supper last night.  I used a previously used recipe as a guide and did my own thing to create what we had.  Here are the things that I had on hand and what I paid for them:
Manicotti Noodles:  37¢
Spaghetti Sauce:  50¢
Roasted Chicken:  FREE  ---Cooked previously as a full package.  I shredded the extra and froze it so I had it on hand last night.
Ricotta Cheese:  $1.29
Mozzarella Cheese:  $1.00 
Cheddar Cheese:  pennies  ---I only used a handful out of a 2lb package that I paid $1 for
Seasoned Italian Bread Crumbs:  FREE
Cooke Mix:   40¢
Pudding Mix:  FREE
Chocolate Cool Whip:  FREE

What we had:
I mixed the chicken, cheeses, bread crumbs, and seasonings together to make a filling for the noodles.  I boiled the noodles for 7 minutes and then filled them with the filling.  I poured a ½ Cup of the spaghetti sauce into a casserole dish and then placed the filled noodles on top.  I poured the rest of the sauce on the top of that, covered and backed at 350º for about 45 minutes.  I uncovered it, sprinkled the top with cheese, and baked for about 15 more minutes.  While it was baking, I mixed up the Chocolate Oatmeal cookie mix and baked the cookies.  I also cooked the chocolate pudding.  At supper time we had the manicotti along with a dessert which was layered cookies and pudding and topped with chocolate Cool Whip.  
The total for the entire meal was:  $3.56 and it will feed 6 people

2 comments:

  1. That sounds good! I found your blog thru your post on CHK. I've enjoyed reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading. I hope you visit often!

    ReplyDelete