"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Blog of 2011

What a year!  The first half of the year was pretty uneventful and pretty routine.

Summer came and our son had the opportunity to go on a 10 day trip to Las Vegas and Nevada with his best friend and his best friend's mom.  He earned his money to go and even with a little hesitation, we agreed.  It was a trip of a lifetime for him and he had a blast.  They later went to the beach for a week and had a great time.

Our daughter went to two different week-long camps with church.  A couple of weeks before taking her to the second camp, I started experiencing some serious facial/jaw pain.  The day that my mama and I were taking her to the second camp, it finally became unbearable.  I talked to my mama about it and agreed to go to the dentist.  I have had a lifelong phobia of the dentist.  Dr. Snider had done some major dental work for me a couple of years ago and it went really well, so I decided to call.  Turns out that all the terrible pain was due to the fact that I was clinching my teeth in my sleep and subconsciously during other times of the day.  He fit me for a guard to wear at night from now on and during the day for a the first few weeks.  Within three nights and days of wearing it, the pain was gone.  It was during this time that I was chosen to lead the ladies Bible study at our church.  I was dealing with the pain while preparing to lead the ladies.

Shortly after the Bible study starting in September, my daughter and I were home alone when  a man walked in on us.  It could have been much worse but thanks to a very vocal Pomeranian, quick thinking  and knee-jerk reacting, we had him out of our door soon and later arrested.

A month later, my husband came home to let me know that he had lost his job.  He was only out of work for 3 weeks before finding the job he now has.  He no longer swings shifts 7 days at a time, he no longer feels completely defeated at his job, and he is home every weekend.

All of these situations have made us draw closer to the Lord.  Life can bring changes and situations that we do not see coming, but God does. He knows exactly what is going to happen and will help us through the things that come our way.  I am grateful for everything from 2011....the good, the not so good, the fun, the difficult, the confusing, the scary, the happy, the sad, the hurtful, etc.  It is all by His plan.  Knowing that very fact brings me comfort.  He is never caught off guard.  He is never surprised.  He is never unprepared.  He is never unfaithful.  He NEVER fails.  God is good.  Life may be challenging and even a roller coaster, but I am thankful that He has it all under control and all I have to do is hang on.

No comments:

Post a Comment