"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Taken Care Of

One month ago today, after losing his job, my husband started a new job where he is basically paid on commission.  We had lived with him working in the same field years ago and understood that it can be good money, but it would also stretch our faith.  After a couple of days there, his boss came to him and told him that he would have a 3 week guarantee.  It was during those three weeks that they were SLOW!  We both found ourselves questioning if we had made the right decision.  He does not need to turn a lot of hours for it to be enough, but we still saw those three weeks as scary.  Last week was his first week on straight commission with no guarantee.  I decided when he took this job to not question him each day on how many hours he got.  I know me questioning will not change the amount of work he is given each day.  I continued to encourage him each morning as he left and welcomed him home each evening.  Today, he sent me a text telling me how many hours he turned last week and it floored me.  It was about 50% more than I had sort of thought he had based on the few things he had said last week.  God knew.  God knew that November would be a slow month for where Glenn went to work.  Had he gotten the job the week he first talked to them, the guarantee would have been over when those three weeks hit.  Had he not had a guarantee, what he would have made would not have been enough.  God had it all worked out and He was taking care of all the details.
We, as Christians, like to say "The Lord will take care of us".  We like to declare our faith, but when was the last time that you really felt taken care of?  The last 7 weeks have really made me feel TRULY taken care of.  God has used so many different ways to show me that He is taking care of us.  I have not ONCE worried about it.  I should say that for me, that is a HUGE deal.  I have always stressed over money, the bank account, etc.  From the day that my husband came home and said that he was probably going to lose his job the next day until this very minute, I have had a total peace.  God has taught me more lessons in the last 7 weeks than I think I learned for years.  He is taking care of me and I rest in that.

“If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.”
Matthew 6:30-34 (The Message)



No comments:

Post a Comment