"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Swiss Steak....sort of

I wanted to tryout my new Crock-pot that my daughter gave me for Christmas.  With a freezer full of various meats, I decided to figure out something using some cubed steak (venison).  Here is what I did:
(1)  I soaked the venison in buttermilk for about an hour.
(2)  I then mixed 1/2 pack of Grill Mates McCormick's Southwest Marinade (just used it dry from the pack) with one cup of flour.
(3)  I patted the venison pieces with the flour mixture and quickly browned it on the stove top...just to get the outside browned.
(4)  I sliced a medium yellow onion in rings
(5)  I layered the browned meat with the onions in the Crock-pot 
(6)  I opened a can of Mexican style stewed tomatoes and used the immersion blender to blend them so it would be more like a sauce.
(7)  I poured the can of tomatoes over the top of the steak and onions, put the lid on the Crock-Pot and set it to cook on low for 8 hours (only because the 6 hour setting is for high).  I will allow it to cook about 6 hours and serve over rice.

UPDATE:  I decided to steam some broccoli to put with the steak when serving.  I also decided to serve it over Vigo Yellow Rice  with a dollop of sour cream.  I think "Swiss" steak slowly became "Spanish" steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment