"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Immersion Blender

I have had a simple Rival Immersion Blender for years.  I had never really used it other than to froth milk for coffee or hot chocolate.  Recently, I have discovered that I like to use it.  I used it again this evening as I made homemade chicken noodle soup for our supper.  I save the leaves and scraps from celery in a bag in the freezer.  I wanted the celery flavor along with onion flavor without necessarily having the pieces of either one in the soup.  I cooked some celery stalks and a half of a yellow onion in butter.  I added about two cups of the stock broth.  Once it was all nearly boiling, I removed the pot from the stove and used the immersion blender to blend it all together.  I had read once that cooking vegetables and then using the immersion blender in them makes a "cream" soup without having to add cream.  I have found this to be true. The liquid that I made out of the celery, onion, butter, and stock was creamy.  I tasted it and found that it was full of flavor.  I added the rest of my chicken stock to it along with the shredded chicken.  I will add more flavors once it has time to cook together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment