"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Take it Easy Tuesday

Okay, confession time.....It may be "Tackle it Tuesday", but I am declaring today as "Take it Easy Tuesday"!  My husband went back to work this morning after a wonderful 3-day weekend for Christmas.  He and I spent the day together yesterday.  We went to a local town and looked for him a pair of good work shoes, shopped for a few grocery deals, and came home to grill hamburgers.  We then went to bed at our regular time, 9:30pm.  That is actually 30 minutes late.  Well, we usually go to sleep with our TV on (my way of ignoring is sometimes bothersome snoring).  As I started to look for something to "watch", I came across "Fireproof".  We had never watched it and we both immediately got interested in it.  I could have gone downstairs and set the DVR, but instead, we stayed awake until midnight to watch the entire movie.  We get up at 5:30 am!  We were able to get up this morning, but I am tired to say the least.  
Back to the movie...it was very good.  We had been blessed to be taken out to see "Courageous" and really liked it, so I was not surprised that we would also enjoy "Fireproof".  As we watched it, I laughed, cried, and chatted with Glenn.
We are always heart broken when we hear of a couple struggling.  We have a few couples in our life right now that we know are struggling in big and small ways, for really serious and not so serious reasons, and for short and long amounts of time.  We are burdened when we hear that.  We certainly do not feel we have it all together, but we are blessed to have a wonderful relationship.  We have been through A LOT in our 20 years together.  Our marriage vows have been put to the test:

"For better or worse":  We have lived through a very serious season of me being terribly depressed, angry at God, and bitter at life.  Glenn never lost hope, even when I lost all hope.  We have had seasons that neither of us were at our best.  Some of those seasons last a second and others last for a long time.

"For richer or poorer":  We have seen many lean times and job changes that have caused us to work together.  We have learned that as long as we have our relationship, we can do without things.

"In sickness and in health":  We have each had our share of sicknesses and surgeries.  I will never forget how Glenn took care of me after two c-sections, two serious dental surgeries, and another surgery.  He had neck surgery several years ago and had to relinquish the steering wheel for 6 weeks.  He is always the driver, so this was a big deal for us. He even had surgery when I was 3 months pregnant with our son who is now 17.  I was experiencing some morning sickness while he was sick from being put to sleep.  Not fun, but as we back on all of those times, we are always able to find the humor in them.

"In good times and bad times, all the days of my life":  I think sometimes as couples stand and take their vows, in their minds as they say "all the days of my life", they are thinking "until I cannot handle it anymore".  ALL means ALL....the bad days, the long days, the not so fun days, the hard days, the lean days, the scary days, etc.  

I am blessed to have a good marriage, but I also know that Satan loves nothing more than to break-up families and he is always just outside the boundary lines waiting to pounce at any sign of weakness. So, as I have declared it "Take it Easy Tuesday", I cannot take it easy on praying for my husband, finding ways to serve my husband, and loving my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment