"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
~~Proverbs 3:5-6~~
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Jesus is Lord of my life and I strive daily to draw closer to Him. I love being a homemaker---taking care of my family and home. I enjoy couponing, cleaning, and cooking. I love to get the best deal on everything and find that yard sales and thrift stores are the perfect places for that. I have recently felt lead to write a Bible study and have been working on it in my spare time. I truly enjoy leading women's groups as we all seek to grow closer to the Lord. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy reading about what happens as I strive do all of this.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today, I am thankful for my husband.  His 50th birthday is this Saturday.  I have spent about half my life with him and would not be who I am today had I not.  He is a gentle soul that brings a sense of calmness in every situation.  He is possibly the kindest person I have ever known.  He did not have a wonderful childhood and lost his daddy when he was young.  So many people these days blame all of their faults on having a bad childhood, not having a father figure, or not having the right education.  My husband has never done any of that.  When he was 14, his dad passed away after years of battling alcoholism.  My husband had seen firsthand what that disease does to a man, a family, but mainly a little boy.  Not long after losing his daddy, my husband quit school to go to work.  At the age of 40 he went back to school to get his GED and passed with FLYING COLORS!  It was my daddy's greatest desire for him.  He had encouraged him to get his GED and a year before my daddy passed away, that is exactly what he did.  My husband is a hardworking man that truly has that "whatever it takes to provide" mentality.  He has never complained about being the breadwinner. He loves me unconditionally and makes sure to show his love each day.  He is a wonderful father to our two children who are now teenagers.  Our daughter recently said that she hopes to marry a man that is as nice and as Godly as her daddy.  Our son thinks that anything that is broken can certainly be fixed by his daddy, and I have to agree.  My husband has chosen to break many   patterns from his past and from his lineage so that our children would have good memories, know that they are loved, and believe in themselves.  He is living proof that you can rise above what you experience as you grow up.  As I sit and type this, I realize yet again how blessed I am that I share this life with him.  God truly blessed me the day that I introduced myself to him and only 6 months later married him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment